Monday 31 May 2010

Blessings

In times of sorrow, it is amazing the abundance of blessings that surround us.

I am sad.  There's no real way around it... Like the mountain - can't go over it, can't go under it and again, I certainly can't go around it (but I'm working on getting through it.)

But in the haze of tears (and there have been and will be many) I feel so incredibly fortunate and blessed.

Sometimes, I feel so consumed by anger and grief that it's hard to see my way through it.  So to help clear my vision I count my blessings for my friends who held me up when I didn't think I could stand (they are still holding me up... and I imagine they will continue to do so for a while yet.) 

I say a prayer of thanks for my friends; my friends' parents and our family that are watching out for Mum... it makes me breathe slightly easier since I'm not there.  And although my heart feels a bit broken and a sort of full all at once, I thank my colleagues for their help and the families at school for their love and understanding.  I can't even express how grateful I am for Phill, so I'm not going to even try.  Same goes for Faiza.  And... And... And... The list could go on and on and on...  So far, I do this little exercise every night.  It helps. 

I was feeling particularly blue last week... Then I was assailed with tokens of love (I dismantled and ate the beautiful gift basket, but below are photos of some of the wonderful pick me ups I received.)  There are beautiful and thoughtful cards sprinkled throughout the house and flowers in my classroom that are not shown below, but well appreciated nonetheless.


After a few days back... this was handed to me one morning.


These flowers greeted me on Tuesday after work, with a lovely card from the school.

I got these ones on Friday from a family in the Montessori Unit - hand delivered, along with a few big hugs. 


This brought a tear to my eye but a smile to my heart.  What beautiful children.  I'm going to frame this one.

Just lucky and thankful to be so loved.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Hugs and love, my dear.

Faiza said...

You are so lucky that you can see rainbows through your tears. That is gift that not many have my friend.

Love you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails