Friday 25 June 2010

A Tribute to Dads

I just followed a blog to another blog to this most wonderful page - it's called Days with my Father.  It is well worth looking at... it is the most wonderful tribute to fathers.  The photos are perfect.  The honesty of the photographer (who is also the author and son) is naked, raw and unbelievably beautiful.  So much love.

After his mother's sudden death, Phillip Toledano documented his time with his father.  He was surprised to find out the extent of his father's memory loss and the photos tell of his love, his relationship and memories of his father.  Beautiful.  I don't want to say anymore because I don't know that I can do it justice.

Thinking of Dad, it made my heart break, my stomach clench and then my heart smiled.  I felt so lucky to witness someone else's memories and so privileged to get to share in such an intimate moment.  Then I took my turn, and it was so nice to remember Dad and those particular things that were just Dad. 

Worth a read, and such a fantastic way to remember your dad. 

4 comments:

sheba said...

this is beautiful. thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

pleasure!

Faiza said...

love the images and stories that accompany them.

Anonymous said...

I saw it and fell in love. I think I may order it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails