Our beautiful school is still beautiful... just... well... yeah.
So... the silver lining is there, and it's a substantial silver lining... there are things to be grateful for...
- No one was hurt. A true blessing in a fire that big.
- Our school community is phenomenal. Teachers, former teachers, students and families... everyone will come together and like some guy on the news said, we will end up stronger for it. I genuinely believe that.
- It is still an excellent school. The quality of the teaching programmes and learning that will go on, starting next month has not changed, nor will it as a result of this.
- The fire service was amazing. Utterly amazing. They contained the fire and stopped it from ravaging the whole school. I was lucky enough to bump into the New Zealand Fire Service guy, Steve Larkin (I'm not entirely sure that's his last name, but I'm close) when we were leaving the speedway tonight. I had to stop and thank him for all their hard work last night and the incredible job they did. He thanked me for speaking to him... it could have been because I was a bit teary eyed as I spoke to him, but he was a really nice man.
- My friends and family are wonderful, lovely and supportive. Love, love, love. So blessed. x