Sunday 22 January 2012

The Alphabet Continues with 'Y' - Yummy In My Tummy!

Thanks to Phillpa who suggested my letter 'y' subject - I am most definitely grateful for yummy food!

I have a love-love relationship with food.  I love the flavours that explode in my mouth; the textures tickling my tongue; the experiments and the likely or unlikely combination of ingredients and tastes that come together to compliment one another perfectly.  It's such good fun!  Another reason I have a love-love relationship with food is one I have written about before, where I talk about the food I shared with my friends and the memories built around these meals.

Today was no exception.  Phillipa and Truman came over today to see Mum and to join us for dinner.  The table was groaning under the weight of steak, sausages and several salads.  It was divine.
My apologies for the tragic photo of the spinach and strawberry salad I made.  It was that good, that it was gone nearly instantaneously!  (Or, I forgot to take one.)  The recipe can be found here, on my recipes blog (at my Phillipa's super suggestion!)
It was great to spend time with great friends and we talked a lot about yummy food.  This would probably be due to my new-found enthusiasm for making chutneys from our garden produce.

I love the idea of making my own jams, chutneys, relishes and preserves.  Not because I fancy myself to be Nigella or Martha, but because I really like the idea of using and eating all natural ingredients, it (generally) tastes better and the simple fact that it is more economical.  I really like chutneys and sauces, but I never buy them because I think they're simply too expensive and I just can't justify the cost.  There's no need to justify anything now!  I've got some bottles stored up already, ready to be relished (yes, that pun was totally intended... groan, I know.)
The latest creation - Green Tomato Chutney.  Yummier than the first chutney, if that's possible!  The recipe is here, also on my recipe blog.
Yummy food is both a panacea and a celebration in itself.  There's nothing better then watching others enjoy what you've made for them, especially when it's made naturally, (hopefully) healthily and with a big dose of love and laughter.  I'm so grateful for the many opportunities I've had to share my culinary creations with my friends and family!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails