Monday 2 January 2012

Finally! 'X' Marks The Spot!


After I wrote about being a bit stumped on 'x' the other day for my Alphabet of Gratitude, I looked in that book I talked about and they had a great idea for 'x' which I was all set to "borrow."  As luck would have it, I was suddenly struck with inspiration (I love that it usually happens that way... makes my alphabet feel a lot more genuine and unforced to me.)
source
So... there - 'X' marks the spot.  That's what I'm grateful for (and my resolution for 2012.)

A couple of months ago, I read the book "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Future" by Michael J. Fox.  I got some fantastic quotes from the book, but of course I didn't have the presence of mind to copy them down before I returned it to the library.  I also read "Always Looking Up" which was a bit of a biography and a bit of Mike's story about life with Parkinsons.  A few things stood out for me in these books, but one thing in particular was the idea of living in the moment.  You are where you are.

So... X marks the spot.  I am grateful for living in the moment.  I have some concerns about the future, but I can't really do anything about those, now can I?  Phill is forever saying to me, "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.  There's no point worrying about it now, is there?" The past is in the past and can't be changed, but can be learned from.  So right now, there is now - and my now is pretty fantastic!  Can't help but to be grateful for that. 

source

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails