Wednesday 8 February 2012

What Warmed My Heart Today

It's the second day of school and so far, I love my class.  Every year, I feel so blessed to be working with such a great group of people (adults and children.)

I got nine new Year 5 students in my class this year (Grade 4 students) after a mass exodus of students at the end of last year (maybe I'm preparing them too well, so they feel well equipped to leave the safety of our Montessori class!)  In these nine new students, I have some very interesting personalities.  One of my new students (child x) is a bit different and definitely has some learning and social preferences (I prefer preference to challenge) but a very sweet child, nonetheless.

Like in any classroom (not just a Montessori class) the start of the year is very full on and busy, busy, busy.  There's scarcely a moment to breathe, let alone sit down... so today, child x gave me their book to look at after finishing a bit of writing work, I put it down on the table to look over.  At the same time, child y was mucking about, so like any other teacher would, I gave child y 'the glare' and put my hand out for him to hand me the thing he was playing around with.  Child x looked at me, looked at my hand, and promptly put his hand in mine and held it - sweetly, gently and calmly... and he looked so genuinely delighted that I wanted to hold his hand, my heart melted and I stopped, took a deep breath, enjoyed the moment and let my heart fill up with love and gratitude.

What was your favourite moment today?
source




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails