Wednesday 30 October 2013

Flowers and Weeds

via
I read a wonderful blog post today - while it was aimed at parents, it had a relevant message for any audience (I highly recommend reading it. Just lovely).  It's best summed up by the last paragraph.

"By making it a daily practice to notice all that is good in your life, the joy in your heart has the tendency to overflow. And when it does, you are able to funnel that excess love and happiness straight into the hearts of those you most want to see smile."

I used to do that. I used to actively practise gratitude (as per this blog), but somewhere along the way it fell by the by.  It somehow got pushed into the "Too Much Effort" basket it got covered with washing that needed to be done/folded/put away. (Blogging also sometimes falls under that pile of washing too - my problem is that I take too long to write/edit/reread my posts.  I must stop being so pedantic. I digress. I do that too much too).

It's not really that much effort (the gratitude AND the blogging).

So here goes today's effort:

Baby girl's woken up three times tonight to be resettled (weeds), but I didn't put her to bed so I got to do the last resettle and got lovely kisses and cuddles and a sigh of contentment when I went up (flowers).

I had to do the grocery shopping tonight (weeds), but enjoyed a little bit of quiet time to myself (flowers).

What were your flowers and weeds today?

(Just as an aside, I have to post this ridiculously cute video of this baby. Got me a touch teary and had me singing to baby girl all day. So much love!)


I have *just* noticed that I've lost all my blog pictures when I moved my account over to gmail (weeds), but that gives me a chance to look through old pictures I enjoy when I get a chance (flowers). (I admit it, that one's a stretch.)



2 comments:

Faiza said...

home sick with a virus in my ears and throat and a very hoarse and achy voice (weeds)

catching up on blogs and a weeks worth of y&r (flowers)

love you!

Unknown said...

Love you too and hope you are well now! Xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails