Faced with work or blogging, I clearly chose the more interesting option... since running around and playing tag is far to0 strenuous and I'd rather not work up a sweat right now, I'll play blog tag! Woot! Faiza tagged me on her blog... so...
Step one - Faiza was tagged here.Step two - I was tagged here.
Step three - Now is the fun bit. I'll answer Faiza's five questions and then in return I get to ask five of my own to those who I tag.
Step four - If you get tagged you do the following (please):
- Answer my five questions on your blog in the form of a post.
- Ask 5 questions of your own.
- Tag some people. As many or as few as you want.
- Leave a comment when you're done so I can go see your answers.
1. What is your favorite topping on toast?
It varies depending on if it is a school day, since I have students in my class who are allergic to nuts. If it is a weekend, I love a peanut butter and banana sandwich. On weekdays, I enjoy a bit of butter and homemade jam to dunk my toast in tea. Yum! I should have had that for dinner tonight!
2. What is your favorite quote from someone else?There are far too many to pick from. Most recently I heard this one (while on a plane bound for New Zealand) and it made me laugh out loud and snort my water through my nose.
"The future is like a Japanese game show. You have no idea what's going on!" Tracy Jordan - 30 Rock.
3. You are about to throw a penny into a wishing well...what do you wish for?
A(n affordable, reusable) teleporter so I can visit home as often as possible.
4. Tell me what your favorite song is and why.
So many great songs to select from... I Hope You Dance is particularly dear to my heart for a number of reasons. The message itself is beautiful; Faiza sang it for me at our wedding reception; finally, I use it every year in my slide show for my graduating students (as my personal message for them... one mum said that her son loves that song now because it means so much to him. That makes my heart smile.) It also helps to remind me of some very important things whenever I need a nudge back on track.
5. What three things are you grateful for today?
A wonderful winter's weekend spent with Phill's family (Nana, brother, sister-in-law, cousins, aunties and uncles); being home, safe, after a long drive; a hot cup of tea Phill just made for me and put beside me (and the biscuits I'm going to go find to dunk in them.)
Okay - my questions for the lovely tag-ees are: (I wanted 6 questions... I'm all about flexibility and spontaneity, you know.)
- What's your favourite thing about winter? (since I'm feeling a bit cold and need some winter-lovin' and appreciation right now!)
- Best comfort food on a rainy day? (Yes, still cold.)
- Why do you blog?
- What is something you always grumble about, but secretly enjoy?
- What is something you've done that you're really proud of yourself for?
- Something that always brings a smile to your face, no matter what is...