Sunday 25 July 2010

New Feature: Sunday Evening Reflections

I've decided to refocus on my expressions and feelings of gratitude to help me stay on the right of positivity.  I know there will be downs, but like Shazeen said, it's all about picking yourself up.  With that end in mind, I've decided to do a weekly feature on my favourite things from the past week.  Most of it will be from this past weekend this time, as I've just thought of this, but maybe this will focus me on being more mindful of the good bits during the week... especially in the more "blah" winter months.

1.  Getting a snappy new red car!  It's ridiculously cute.  It's a challenge to drive manual, but I'm getting there.  Hopefully I'll be able to drive it to work by next week.  I (sometimes) like a challenge to learn something new, so that would be something else to be grateful for!


 2.  An awesome, brilliantly sunny winter's weekend.  The last two days have been just gorgeous and so good for the soul.  It was nice to have a weekend that wasn't rainy.

3.  Spending Saturday with Phill's Mum & Dad, Nana, Louisa & Vince.  We had a lovely wander around a shop and then a wonderfully filling lunch (read as: maybe I ate too much?!)  Family time is also good for the soul. 

4.  Lunch at Denny's and having gravy with my fries - they're not big on gravy with fries in New Zealand, so I always get very excited to go to Denny's.  They also make a fabulous Oreo Cookie Milkshake.  Healthy?  Not so much.  Yummy?  Oh, yes! 

5.  I know I blogged about it yesterday, but I have to be so grateful for the article: 100 Ways You Can Start Loving Yourself Right Now.

6.  The yummy and somewhat healthy crumble I made this afternoon, and am about to heat up and eat.  It's bursting with fresh fruit and I love it!  It's an extra divine treat with a scoop of ice-cream (low-fat, of course!) 


7.  A nice long phone chat with Mum and with Shazeen. 

8.  The very best was the email I received from Noah.  He asked for a photo of my car.  I emailed it to him.  Then he asked Shazeen to type the following message.  My heart melted.  (Fui means Dad's sister.)

Dear Fui

I love Fui.

Noah
 
 
9.  The prospect of another week and a brand new start. 

You know, after writing this, I do realise, my weekend was pretty fantastic.  Can't ask for more than that.

4 comments:

Shazeen said...

so glad to feel the love and warmth :) you know we are always here if you're feeling blue....

Anonymous said...

Thanks love... I know, and our phone chats help so much! Check YOU out Miss Commenting on Blogs all the time now! :) x

sheba said...

love the fancy car! we are looking to buy a nissan too!

um, i was blissfully happy at my visit to denny's yesterday! is that sad? [it's cool that even halfway around the world, we're on the same wavelength!]

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sheba! I do love it - and I've always wanted a red car... and it'll be nice to have 4 doors. Good luck with your car buying too! :)

I do fight the Denny's love, but it's just so tasty... If I'm on the same wave length with anybody, I'm pleased that it's with you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails