1. Getting to blob out (or lie on the floor so my back didn't ache) during a sick day last Monday and watching one of my favourite movies - Monsoon Wedding. I've also just read that it is being adapted into a Broadway musical, which they started casting in June. I'm curious to see how one of my favourite films translates onto Broadway. The movie is a riot of colour and festivities, fraught with familial drama - I hope the stage production is as spectacular as the movie! I always get a bit nostalgic for my family when I watch it, but it never fails to make me ridiculously happy.
2. Being back in class the day after. It was actually really lovely and the children were so very sweet, knowing that my back was achy and Katy was still sick. Such a great group of children.
3. I did a Parent Information Evening (about Montessori Math and Storytelling) on the Wednesday night of that week, and even though only ten people came, it went really well. I think it's one of the best ones I've ever done actually! It's a shame more parents weren't able to make it... but I left there feeling pretty fantastic and I got some really positive feedback about it.
5. A fabulous weekend in Wellington, spending quality time with LeeAnn. Girlfriend time is so good for the soul! The purpose of the trip was actually work related. The first reason was to attend a day's workshop at a school only a few minutes away from LeeAnn and Warwick's (gorgeous) house. The workshop was fantastic to reignite and re inspire me, but most of all, it was a great chance to catch up with other Montessori professionals in New Zealand and to touch base with some fantastic folks that I haven't seen in ages. Katy and I stayed on and spent Monday morning observing another 9-12 class. We came away with some great ideas and feeling really excited about implementing some changes to make our awesome class even better.
(That was mostly just the first week, except for the Monday observation!)
6. I got my pretty new knitting needles in the post (which I battled for on trademe - I curse trademe lurkers!) They're beautiful and I'm looking forward to doing some knitting with them!
8. A super Saturday spent pampering myself. I had my hair done first thing in the morning and then had a fun evening out with Rebecca, starting with a yummy dinner at Wagamama followed by watching the movie, Salt. (I thought it was entertaining - not fabulous, but a good, fun movie to watch on a Saturday evening with a good friend.) Again, girl time is so very good for the soul - and I always have such great time with Rebecca (which I think I've mentioned before!)
Whew. It's been a fantastic fortnight - bring on another week!