Tuesday, 24 August 2010

A weighty issue.

Like many other women (and men) I struggle with my weight.  It has been a constant issue in my life.  My weight has gone up and down and back up again.  Over the years, I have adapted a more healthy mindset towards my weight - I'm at a point where I still want to shed some pounds, but it is to improve my overall health, rather than it being the solution to all my problems.  The point remains that I can't really remember a time in my life when it wasn't something dark and menacing looming on my life-horizon.  I know I am not alone in this.


Megan has written articulately and succinctly about this very issue.  I encourage anyone who has ever had weight or self-image issues to read her article here.  Thank you Megan, for your honesty and how well you summed it all up. 

5 comments:

Megan said...

Thanks, Tez. I'm glad you liked it. :)

Angela said...

So sad! She was so beautiful. Thanks Tez for sharing, and thanks Megan for writing.

tez said...

You're so welcome, Megan - you're such a talented writer... very readable. :)

Ang - I know! I used to love her and how gorgeous and normal she was... pah! I should do a sitcom - then maybe, I'll get paid a lot of money to shed a great deal of weight and my life will be perfect too!!

hiven said...

lovelovelove
xx

tez said...

Thanks hiven! I'd love to take the credit for it, but it's all my clever friend, Megan. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails