Saturday 18 September 2010

Playlist

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!



Another new feature that I've been dreaming up for a while has finally taken shape in my mind.  Music is, and always has been an important feature in my life.  I've gone from being a performer in some way, shape or form, to simply an appreciator... while I miss performing, I hope I never lose my appreciation for music.  One of the things I love most is getting to know new artists and their work.  Somewhere in passing, I heard  that when you hear a song you like on the radio, a wave of feel-good endorphins are released and it provides something akin to a high.  That's why when you're driving along, full of ennui, your spirits can be instantly lifted by unexpectedly hearing a song you love on the radio.

A lovely friend at work (Catherine) suggested (while handing me the CD) that I give a listen to Florence and the Machine.  I loved it!!  After listening poor Florence to death, I asked Catherine for some suggestions so I could compile a new playlist.  Kindly Catherine made me a mix CD!  Check it out below... I couldn't find one song she put on my CD (Cruel by Dane Rumble) and the version of Poi E that's on here is not nearly as awesome as the one by Patea Maori Club.  I already knew she was fantastic, but she absolutely won my heart when I saw she had put The Cure on my mix.


So for my first Playlist, I'm featuring the mix Catherine made pour moi.

What would you put on a Playlist for someone you work with?

Tracks for Tez

2 comments:

sheba said...

completely agree that good songs release endorphins...and the urge to belt out the words, even if you don't know them and are totally off key! [maybe that's just me though.]

Anonymous said...

i'm a fan of making words up as i go. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails