Friday 31 December 2010

Looking Forward...

"I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship."
Louisa May Alcott
 
Every year is full of its own unique challenges and it seems that John Lennon was right, "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans..."  What's that they (the very wise 'they') say about the best laid plans...  2010 was full of plans for us.  It was also full of unexpected (and some very unpleasant) surprises.  It was hard, at times, to keep an attitude of gratitude.  There were times where I did not feel particularly grateful at all.  There was more than once instance upon which I yelled, screamed, cried and stomped my feet in anger, frustration and sadness. 

But in each and every moment of sadness, frustration and anger, there was always the knowledge that I am soul happy.  Every night, before I go to sleep, a smile still tickles my lips because through all that life stuff I am soul happy.  I have been made stronger for it, and from each and every experience that tested and challenged me, I have learned and loved through it.  I have been truly blessed with amazing relationships - friends, students/parents, co-workers, family and the most wonderful, beautiful and inspiring love with my husband.  For every challenging moment in 2010 came with blessings and perfect moments too... there were hundreds of perfect moments this past year - too many to count.  For that, I am so grateful.  Yin and yang and all that.  

Tonight is New Year's Eve.  It's nearly 9:30 p.m. on the 31st of December and I am not out, partying it up or celebrating the end of another year, or the beginning of the next... I am home.  With my feet up; listening to someone let off fireworks down the road, and two of my favourite people in the whole, wide world.  My darling, beloved husband sits just over there, just an arm's reach away; my wonderful, strong and inspiring mum is upstairs sleeping off her jet lag.  We are just simply being.  I can honestly say, there's nowhere else I'd rather be at this very moment, and no-one else I'd rather be with.

In some ways, today is just another day... but every new day brings the promise of possibility, adventure, learning and life... I'm looking forward to the days of 2011.

Wishing you all the most wonderful days ahead. x
Source

4 comments:

Katy said...

That's beautiful. No other words for it. :) x

Anonymous said...

Thanks lovely Katy. :)
I miss you, my friend!

Alison said...

Lovely sentiment Tez. Wishing you a wonderful and happy 2011 and beyond :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Al. Wishing you and Andrew the happiest 2011+ also. :) xox

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails