Monday 11 April 2011

Happy Birthday to An Amazing Woman

Today (in Canada) was Mum's birthday.  I tried to write something yesterday (on her NZ birthday) and I drew  a blank.  I stared at the blinking cursor, getting more and more irritated with the single, vertical line flashing at me.  "Write something.  Write something.  Write something."  That's what was saying (shouting) to me.  I'm finding it frustrating.
I mean, how do I adequately express how thankful I am for my mum?  How do I explain how inspiring and strong she is?  Can I do it justice?  Do I say that sometimes I sit and wonder how she can be so much of everything for everyone, and always has been?
How do I express my gratitude for the way she raised me?  The strong values and belief in myself that she instilled in me?  What about the fact that she willingly sacrificed anything and everything for us at the drop of a hat... How about when she'd take control of things when no one else would, even if it was a crap job?  She'd do it.  End of story. 

She pretends like she's a hard arse, but she has a heart as big and vast as the ocean and has never hesitated to open her heart, her arms and her home to others.

I suppose I can't really do her justice.  You'll just have to take my word for it.  When I was younger, I used to think she was the most beautiful woman in the world; now that I'm older, I know that she is - inside and out... her smile could always light up a room. 

Happy birthday to you, Mum.  Thank you for everything you have done, do and will do.  I love you and I pray the coming year brings you only happiness.  I hope one day, I can do as much for my own children as you have done for us.  xox me. 

 "I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine - she helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights." ~Terri Guillemets

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails