Friday 9 August 2013

Knitting Round Up

So things have been a bit busy and my knitting needles haven't been able to go full speed ahead, but here are my latest projects (and by latest, I mean dating back to November 2012.) (I also ripped apart several projects - WIP #1 & #3 from this post - after baby girl was born, so my output's been a bit low.)


A little bolero cardigan in a beautiful, warm, light merino that my darling girl has enjoyed wearing. Love how it turned out, but sewing the edging on was a pain in the behind. This was my first finished project after she was born! It took 4 months... There was very little knitting time to begin with. Thankfully that's changing.

 
My second project after her birth... I was keen to try out doing cables. They weren't nearly as hard as I thought as they would be. I also love how this vest turned out. Made with a beautiful Alpaca/Merino blend wool from Skeinz. This one only took a month!


Hands down, my favourite project. Last year when we went to visit our new niece in Feilding, we stopped at my favourite wool shop on the way and I picked up some more wool. I fell in love with this colourway (aptly named Watermelon) and had to have it. When I found out I was expecting, I was secretly hoping it was a girl so I could knit her something special with my beautiful wool. The pattern was actually quite easy and pleasant knitting. This one also took a month.
Smittens - a holiday garland... next time I knit a Christmas gift for a friend, I will start it earlier than mid-November - especially if it's a big project like this one. I'm thrilled with how it turned out though (and I think Bexki liked it!) Also, an Advent Calendar, given on Christmas Eve means that the recipient can open 24 little gifts the next day! I used scraps, leftovers and the wool I dyed with Kool-Aid (so those little mittens smelled delicious!) (This one should be first, but it keeps getting bumped down... I did this one while preggers and kept me busy while I was in and out of hospital in December. If it wasn't for those hospital visits, I doubt it would have gotten finished in time!)

I'm presently working on another wee vest for a friend's boy, finishing a sock and eyeing up hat patterns for a baby that is due in December (Just to clarify, not my baby due in December. A family member's bub.) I missed the soothing sounds of my clickety-clacking needles.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails